For fund investors
OpenOcean is an early-stage focused venture capital firm investing in software start-ups across Europe with offices in London, Helsinki, and Amsterdam.
Thanks to our background as founders and entrepreneurs with deep understanding of software solutions for the data economy, OpenOcean is in a unique position in Europe in terms of deal-flow access and ability to support relentless entrepreneurs aiming to change the world. You can read more about our investment philosophy and approach here.
In addition to having an entrepreneurial focus and mindset, the OpenOcean team is highly skilled in evaluating technologies and software development processes. Many team members have been software builders themselves, and having taken some of the most popular technologies to the global market, it’s safe to say that OpenOcean knows how to assess and improve scaling strategies.
As a leading venture capital investor OpenOcean recognizes the key role that improvement of Environmental, Social and Governance (“ESG”) matters places as a prerequisite for long-term value creation. OpenOcean always aims to invest responsibly within the scope of our investment strategy and we have a Responsible Investment Policy in place.software
Benefits to Limited Partners
We can offer significant leverage through our deep presence in the European market:
- Partnership beyond capital, including industry-thought leadership exchanges.
- High quality deal flow with deep theme driven approach. Potential participation in deal flow calls and/or quarterly tailored updates about the market.
- Broad coverage of the European software market (portfolio today from 9 European countries, and actively covering the ground in all major European capitals and economies).
- Case-specific opportunities to co-invest or to compare analysis on investments.
- Connection with OpenOcean’s broader ecosystem of founders, industry leaders and investors, as well as via our data leader network DataSeries.
Who can invest?
Our current Limited Partner Investors come from around the world and consist mainly of institutional investors, family offices, and high net-worth individuals.
OpenOcean is registered as an alternative investment fund manager under the AIFM Act with approval from the Finnish Financial Supervisory Authority. OpenOcean is also registered as an “EuVECA” alternative investment fund manager. All current OpenOcean funds are incorporated in Finland.
We are a member of the Finnish Venture Capital Association (FVCA). Our reporting follows Invest Europe guidelines and our valuation follows guidelines issued or endorsed by IPEV.
For further enquiries please contact COO Niklas Rosenberg.